Vegan stuffed peppers are the perfect summer lunch. The stuffing is made from onions, garlic, tofu, rice, and spices. Serve with mashed potatoes or bread. You can also prepare several at once and freeze them for later.
pepper, tofu, rice
1 knife tip
spice mix for soup stock
water or soup stock
peppers (yellow or red)
- First, prepare the filling for the stuffed peppers. Peel the garlic and onion and fry in oil for about 5 minutes. Then crumble the tofu in the pan, stir, and fry for another 5 minutes. Add the washed rice, salt, pepper, smoked paprika, and a mixture of spices for the soup stock. Cover with water, cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- Wash both peppers and cut 2 cm from the stem, leaving the lower part of the pepper whole. Clean out all seeds and fibers.
- Fill the peppers with the cooled stuffing.
- Peel the onion and garlic for the sauce and chop them finely. Fry them for about 5 minutes in oil in a small pot. Add tomato sauce, bay leaf, salt, pepper, and honey. Let it cook over low heat for about 15 minutes. If necessary, you can add 1 dl of water.
- After that, add the stuffed peppers to the sauce. Cover them and let them cook. If they are not completely covered with sauce, cook them for 15 minutes, then turn and cook for another 15 minutes on the other side.
- Serve the peppers with mashed potatoes or bread. You can also add fresh parsley. Bon appétit!